3 cups flour
1 cup warm milk
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 sachet / tbsp yeast
1 tbsp full fat milk powder (optional)
extra warm water for kneading
1.In a bowl combine 3 cups of flour and 1tbsp of milk powder
2.In a separate bowl mix 1 cup of warm milk,1 tsp of salt,1tbsp of sugar,1 satchet/tbsp of yeast and 1 tbsp of oil. Mix well and leave it for 1 or 2 minutes.
3.Make sure the yeast and other ingredients are well combined
4.Add yeast mixture to the flour
5.Mix well with a spatula or your hands
6. Add warm water one step at a time until the dough is well combined
7. Mix well until the flour sticks together and forms a little bit sticky dough.
8. You can also use a mixer to combine the dough.
9. Apply some oil on your work surface. At this time, the dough will be a bit sticky
10. Knead the dough for 6-8 minutes until soft and silky.
11. Put the dough in a round shape and place it in an oiled bowl. Cover the dough until doubled in size(1-2 hrs). You can put the dough in a dark and warm place for fast results.
12. After the dough has doubled in size place it on a work surface. If the dough is too sticky you can add some oil on your work surface, use your hands or rolling pin to flatten the dough. Start folding until the dough fits the width of the pan you are going to use.
13. I used 7.8 inch(L)-4.3 inch(W)-4 inch(H) tin in size.
If the dough doesn’t fit properly you can just fold the sides of the dough abit and fold the dough until it fits properly in the tin.
14. Grease the pan and place the dough in it
Let it rise again for 30 minutes.
15. Leave some room/space for a final rise in the oven.
Cover the tin with lid if you like your bread to be flat ontop, otherwise leave it open
Watch full video here:
16. Bake the bread at 180℃ for 25-30 minutes or until the bread is done.
17. Let it cool completely, cut the bread into slices (use a proper bread knife if you have one).
18. Can be served with butter,jam or can be used to make a pizza bread or sandwich